Thursday, July 09, 2009

Never judge a book by its cover

I'm guessing everyone's heard of that line before; "Never judge a book by its cover." Last 2 weeks ago, my dad suggested to try this Thai restaurant out near our area after church. We never knew there were Thai restos around our area. This place was near a residential area, located in the corner beside a house, very small, dark, and seems from the outside looks like there were not many people inside. Unfortunately, they closed on sundays. I knew that it was a sign that we should'nt even bother going inside because probably it wouldnt be good. That following week, my dad was still curious and anxious, so we gave it another visit. It was open this time. Throughout the ride from our house to the resto, my mom and I made a bet with my dad that if this resto wasnt good, he'll give ME 50$. hahah....I really didnt had the tastebuds to go to a resto especially if it is not crowded. To make the story short, I was wrong. The food was delicious. It was beyong my expectation, and the service was so friendly and warm. They were very welcoming. While I was waiting for my food, I watched customers ordering to go and picking their food up, and I saw how close the customers were to the manager. They seemed to be an all time customer. Gosh, I felt so bad, because I judged their resto from the way it looked outside. I was so surprised how good this place was, but on top of that, how great of an experience I had here.

So whats the lesson? NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. After this experience, I truly learn to look outside the box, think bigger, and defintely not judge something that we dont know. I truly felt bad :(

No comments: