Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Homemade Donuts

Last week, I twitted that I was making donuts at home, and promised to post up the final resutlt, but unfortunately the donuts was still super hot so I couldnt put the toppings on top or else it`ll melt. I had work that night as well, so I topped my donuts when I got home from work. I got tired after work, so I didnt have time to post the pics up. phew! That should explain everything :)

Making homemade donuts seems very simple, but it's not that simple. You need the right temperature for the dough and most of all, you gotta make sure its the perfect before you fry it. I used my grandma's recipe, and it turned out so perfect. ^^ My grandma is such a great cook, so it my mom. I hope one day I'll follow my mother's cooking step. :) I'm not a real big fan of donuts. I actually hate it. I hate the sweetness, the texture, and the aftermath of eating a donut. It almost makes me wanna puke. I can still have a donut if it's from Krispe Kreme, but if it was from any other donut shops, I'll pass. My grandma's recipe though is so delicious. It doesnt even taste like a real donut! It almost tastes like bread, but fried! Of course I wont give you guys the recipe, hahaha because its my family's recipe, but here is the process in making my homemade donuts:








So the first step I did was blend in all the ingredients (flour, sugar...etc...) in one big bowl, and stir with a electric stir for about an hour. Then, I rolled my dough in small balls like this:

Preheat you pan with oil in medium heat, and make sure it isnt on high because you dont want your donuts to be brown on the outside and uncooked on the inside. That's why its so important to put it on medium heat. Once you oil is already hot, toss one dough at a time to the hot oil. Use a chopstick to create a hole in the middle of the dough so it will look like a donut. I tend to spin it so the hole will look bigger and not close in.
















After frying my donuts, I let it sit for as long as possible until its cool. Then its time to top our donuts!!!!! I use Krafts cheese, and De Ruijter chocolate sprinkles made from Holland. This is the final result:





















(Im not used to posting pics, I'm still learing, so excuse me for the disfunctional look of the way I post pics up. ^^)

No comments: