Monday, February 23, 2009

read :)

I'm writing this while I'm in my way to work. For some reason, my iPhone won't let me blog in blogger, don't know why... I find it really odd.

I've been wanting a sewing machine and a manikin for such a long time! I've always wanted to experience the joy of using a sewing machine n creating whatever I can create from the top of my head. I have so so many ideas that i want to create, but I can't draw. I can't design. I suck at drawing so bad. I guess my talent isn't in that area? This is why I want a sewing machine. Though I can draw, I have a visual illustration in my mind of how I want the results to look like. Anyways, I've been searching for the best sewing machine I can find. I want one that is easy n comfortable you use. No complicated ones. After all, I'm still a beginner so it's reasonable got me to buy a simple one.

For a long time now, I've always dreamt of working inthe fashion industry. I mean, who doesn't? I think all women who loves clothes and fashion would die to work in that field. Before I started my years at the University, I wanted to sign up for FIDM so bad, but my parents won't let me. Ahh, so typical! First, it's a very competitive industry to be in. I mean, everywhere you go there will always be competition. But the way I see it is that people will always want to search for the best designers or buyers, etc...after all, fashion isn't An iimportant field, unlike business. They already have many top fashion designers n other departments in that industry alone. Why need more? So I guess I understood why my parents wouldn't let me go into they field. Second, wherever you go, it is important to have a business background.a few years ago, the vice president of CNN (I'm not sure if it was CNN, I remembered it was a news channel) came to state and talked about job opportunities and the whole talk aboutcollege. He told us that wherever you go, it's a plus to know and have that knowledge of business. A business knowledge is essential. Then, I thought about it...and wow, what he said was complety true. Think about it. If I were to go to fidm, I would only learn about fashion itself. And maybe if I were to have my own line, how am I supposed to sell my products? Who's going to handle my finances? You will need that accounting or marketing background. So I'm very very thankful that I didn't go for fashion because I know in the long run, the field that im in right now, I will benefit from it 120%. I was talking to my business counselor a while back, and she told me that she graduated from fidm, got her aa degree n was lost. She went back to college to study business , cause she knew it was benefical for her.

So am I satisfied with my major right now? Yea, I definetly am. I think the field that I'm in can lead to a lot of different things.Most ppl who graduates with their major doesn't end up working in that field anyway. So right now, it doesn't matter much. As long as I have that business knowledge, then I'm good. Am I forgetting about my fashion? No. I still have that in mind. It's my passion, my hobby. That's why I wanted to buy a sewing machine, n experiment the little or big things I can to with it. I hope someone, anyone who reads this can get something out of it.
Olrighttt guys,, this blog is getting out of control. ^^ sorry for this long post n thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

REGIEレジ said...

Yeah don't do fashion, the fashion industry is on a downturn actually, because of the financial crisis. And you should go to law school with me instead. :)

p.s: no offense, but that sort of stuff, has a lot of competition, you'd have to be really motivated and one of the best to make big bucks out of it(not that money matters, but if you're an individual who slacks you shouldn't probably get into the field).

Unknown said...

DUDE.i went to the exact same presentation! it changed my life after that. I really wanted to do what the guy was saying about finding the CEOs email and then giving it an interesting subject that will grab his attention haha its hard

Unknown said...

yeah, exactly! i think i was there with you. it was for geology class, rmember? heheeh