Friday, February 06, 2009

Have you ever felt as though your life is so limited? I tend to think about my future too much. Some say its a good thing, some say its something that I shouldnt worry about at this moment. When I think about my future, I think about living here in the States. Never in my mind did I thought about living in a different country. I love America, I see myself living here and having a family here in the future. I have so many hopes and dreams...so many things I want to accomplish. I see myself being successful here in America. But lately, I realized that it doesnt matter where I am. It doesnt matter where I live. As long as the place I'm in, is a place where I can be successful and happy, then that's all it matters. My mind tells me that America is the place I should be forever, my home. I guess my perspective has changed. I no longer care where I end up later in future anymore. It doesnt matter to me where I will end up. I know whereever I will be will be my calling, and the place I will land is God's plan for me. I'm accepting changes. I believe that's what will make me a stronger as an individual.

As humans, were not perfect. I've made many mistakes in the past..may it be personal things, or education....I know i should have done better. But you know what? I never regret a single day. I realized that the mistakes I made pushes me to go foward and be better. I want to be the best. A few weeks ago, my professor was talking about the economy and how America isnt getting better, but getting worse. In times like this, he said, we students should strive harder and take education to a higher level. We shouldnt graduate and live our lives as mediocre, but we should rise above mediocre. Especially with the economy like this, companies will want someone who is the best, not mediocre. Then i thought to myself...."wow that is true." What is the purpose of going to school if we arent going for the best? People would want to hire the best of the best. Not mediocre. That hit me. I realized that now isnt the time to be playing around anymore...Well, maybe I should have realized that when i first started university!!! haha...but I guess i was so closed minded. ^^

7 comments:

REGIEレジ said...

I agree about the whole being/doing your best thing. We shouldn't just be satisfied with passing a class with a C. Or just barely getting by, if we're going into the real world, we have to be better than others, we have to be more competitive, because that is the only way we are ever going to get ahead.

I've screwed up and made some bad decisions about school in the past, but it brought me to where I am, now and I think screwing up made me realize something's I never really knew before.

Before I thought I wanted to do this major, or that major. But in the end, it's what we enjoy doing that we should focus on.

Right now I find both my major and minor really interesting and it pushes me even harder knowing that, this is what I want to do, this is what I enjoy and this is what is interesting to me.

Never would i have guessed before that I would like to study in Japan, or even learn the language for that matter.

Never did I realize, I wanted to help people more, than just taking advantage of people and making money.

I'm glad at where I am now, knowing what I know, and having a goal to set out for.

So from now on, let's both do our best!

REGIEレジ said...

Also, I'm glad that you don't mind anymore where you end up. But at the current economical crisis, I think the best bet is still America, second to that would be other first world countries.

Because, going to school in the US and getting a business degree and then going to a 3rd world country to work, doesn't seem very ideal.

Follow your dreams, while still being practical :)

Unknown said...

U said that business is taking advantage of taking ppls money? Not all business major is digging through ppls pockets. Don't be do close minded now. Welcome to the world of business! That's what business is. Clearly u don't fit in that area

Unknown said...

do some research of the unemployment rate n the recession. True, America is always the best place to live for education n for career, but with the economy like this, it will take years for US to clean up this mess. I wouldn't want to live here knowing that I won't have a job considering the fact that economy now is crashing. Don't tell me to be practical. Think before u write. You don't have to agree with my opinion or wtv I say in my blog. U have your own perspective n I have my own. So don't tell me to b practical.

Unknown said...

nbtw, I didn't mention going to a 3rd works country. N even though if going there is my calling, n turns out that I'll be successful then y not?

REGIEレジ said...

do some research, it's not just America that's affected by the global financial crisis. That is why it is GLOBAL. If we have large unemployment here and a growing recession, it holds true for other countries, if America is affected this badly, so will other countries. America is actually cutting and jobs and closing companies in other countries, do some research on it. If the world situation is that bad, your chances of finding a job here than it is out there is about the same. Intel , FedEx, and a bunch of others actually closed operating plants in the Philippines and other countries in Asia. Also DHL, are no longer doing business in the US. China actually has a WAYYY Large unemployment rate of tens of millions, because of their overly huge population. Don't say as if i didn't do 'research' or i have no clue as to what I'm talking about. tnx bye. bless'd day. :)

REGIEレジ said...

I wasn't saying that business IS not taking advantage of people for their money. Infact I clearly agree that, that is the whole point of business. We live in a capitalist society where, as much money as you can milk from the population, the better it is for you and your company. Not just in the area of profit making, but factories, low waged workers making products for barely nothing. I'm not saying that it is wrong, I completely agree with it, because that's how capitalism works. Reduce costs to you and profit in as much as you can.