Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Depression in my University

I've never experience anything in my life more brutal then trying to add a class in state. I'm telling you, I've never ever seen anyone desperately wanting to go to class. I started my spring semester just a few days ago and it feels like WAR and competition all over. I've been trying to add as many classes possible in the business department, but everything, and i mean EVERYTHING is full. My state alone is experiencing a crazy budget cuts meaning they laid off so many professors and cut down 300+ courses, leaving us students with NOTHING! This budget cut is killing me. I'm actually thankful that I'm registered for 4 classes, but honestly the classes that I have wasnt the ones that I need the most...ughhh beteeee! I'm so desperate to find a class! I even stayed for the whole entire class, begged, and when the teacher said no, I even emailed them. but guess what? THEY WONT LET ME IN...duhhh, annoying bgttttt.

And you know what's more irritating? Usually, every year, we can sell our books back, or maybe people like me, I sell my books in craiglist or what not, but this year...they made a new rule. They wont let us sell old textbooks. So every semester/year, they bring out new editions of textbooks so we wont be able to sell our books. This is why publishers get so much money. I actually sold a textbook to someone from craiglist, and she called me a week later saying that she isnt able to use the book because they came in with a new edition. how whack is that? Me being the kind hearted gal, I gave her money back. I dont blame her lah... US is going through a major economic crisis...soon to be like the Depression. (i hope not) hehe...

ollrighttt, gotta head to work now. thanks to those who read my blog full of rantingsss (is that even a word?) haha.... :)

blessed day

Jess

No comments: