Friday, May 22, 2009

Accepting yourself.

Accepting who you are as a person can be tough at times. I'm not perfect, in fact, nobody is. Sometimes I wish I was taller, have a better body, and the list goes on and on, but all these things that we want and hope for is all imaginary. There are times where I feel like I'm not good enough, not just physically but emotionally. Sometimes I feel like I could have done better, or I maybe feel like I wish I was this or that. BUT, these things doesnt change you as a person. You keep complaining, but the truth is no body is perfect. Everyone has their flaws, and everyone would want to change something about themselves. Let me make this clear. Everyone has something in them that they lack, something that they want to have. Isn't that true? Humans are never and will never be satisfied. We will always want more and more. If I can say that humans are greedy and selfish, I can assure you that humans are 100% greedy and selfish. Well, technically we are.

I've been learning to accept myself as an individual. You know that saying, "you have to love yourself first before you love anyone else"? Well, that saying is true. I love myself, I care about my own being (dont take that in a wrong way), but there are things about me that I wish I can change. Traits, personality, and physically...I just wish I can get what I want. If there is one thing I'm good at, that is complaining. Sometimes it's hard to accept who I am, but I realize that I must accept myself for who I am. God created me in my own special way, and complaining is the same thing as saying God's creation is horrible. I realized that by complaining, I'm hurting God. I'm learning to accept myself as an individual, and to love myself the way I am. I'm beautiful in my own way and I know for one that my inner beauty is indeed more beautiful and important than the exterior. Thanks God for opening my eyes. But above all, thank you for allowing me to be a strong individual.

No comments: