Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I set you free...

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
To give your heart a song to sing
And then a kiss, but more than this
I wish you love

And in July a lemonade
To cool you in some leafy glade
I wish you health
And more than wealth
I wish you love

I wish you shelter from the storm
A cozy fire to keep you warm
But most of all when snowflakes fall
I wish you love

My breaking heart and I agree
That you and I could never be
So with my best
My very best
I set you free

(I Set You Free by Rachael Yamagata)

Honestly, I dont think it's fair...I dont think it's healthy either. I think I know the answer, but I dont want to admit it. jess knp seh loe stubborn bgt... Needless to say, I dont think I can go on like this...I feel guilty. I wish I never had to feel this way. Everyday it seems a little bit harder. But, I dont think I was strong enough. I didnt push myself, I wasnt trying hard. I think its only best if I completly let go. I know I've said it before, but this time, this very time, I need to set it free. I need to surrender, and completely set it free. I cant keep looking back. I cant keep reminicing the past. It's not fair for him or for myself. I have my own life, we both live seperate worlds, so I think its best for me just to let go and leave it here. What I need to do right now is focus on the future and look forward instead of looking back. The past is the past, and dwelling on it isnt getting me a step further. I think these past couple of days, I was aware, but I continued and kept thinking about it when I should have just let go. I'm letting it go, and setting you free.

No comments: