Saturday, October 04, 2008

Finding Mr. Right

hellooo guys, I'm in my boyfriend's shop right now on a saturday afternoon waiting patiently, so I decided to blog. There has been one thing in my mind lately that has been bugging me...I dont think "bugging" is right exact word, but it is something that has been roaming in my mind.

As most of you don't know, I've been living in the U.S all my life. I go to school here, work here, I was basically GROWN in the U.S. Do I enjoy living in the U.S? Yes, of course I do. I think its a great priveledge to grow here, and to be honest, I am proud to be an Asian American. I came to the U.S when I was only 3 years old, before even migrating here, I was left in Indonesia with my grandparents, while my parents were here in the U.S. Sooner or later, I was brought here to the U.S and my parents provided me a great education, and nonethless to say, I am so thankful for my parents for bring me here. Many people in Indonesia are not fortunate enough, and how they long to come to the U.S in search for job and education, but dont have the money and status to live here. Right now, I'm in a situation weather I should stay here or go back to Indonesia for good. You know the saying, "the wife has to follow the husband", yeah thats true, I totally agree with that, but in my position, it just seem so unfair. Dont get me wrong, I'm still young and I have a longgggg way to go, to even think about marriage. But the reason why this "topic" has been in my mind lately is because I'm in this relationship not just for fun or for someone to "love" me temporarily. I'm committing this relationship for long term purposes; I want someone to love me endessley and permanently. Maybe if this works out, and if this is God's plan, maybe this will lead to marriage (Well, marriage is something I shouldnt think about now, HAHAHA). I really do want to live here, I want to raise my family here and have a career here. Honestly, I can't imagine living in Indonesia and raising my family there. Those of you who are not Indonesian , you guys should do some research, but honestly, I cant see myself living there. Dont get me wrong, its not like i dislike my country, but the poverty and craziness really scares me and its not safe at all to live there. My parents provided me a great education here, and I dont want to waste it and throw it away, by moving back to Indonesia. As much as I love him, I can't throw my education that my parents has provided for me just like that.

I love you hunny, and if this is God's plan for us to be togeather, I know how He will guide our path and provide our needs.

jess

3 comments:

anonymous said...

go indo!

anonymous said...

i think you are really cute, i love indonesian girls.

Unknown said...

haha, why thank you.